1. As always, those on foot have the right of way, but we need to emphasize this for the race. The runners may not always be coherent, especially days into the race.
2. Do not alter the course markings in any way. You may be placing someone in serious danger.
3. Bubba and Devil's Throat will be utilized in full. Take extra caution on these trails. The inconvenience will be worth it; an estimated 1000 trail crossings will really pack in these trails.
4. If you come across the competitors, be generous with encouragement. Believe us, it helps!
5. Don't think them mad. Do you know what's crazy? Ultra marathons of American Idol and Honey Boo Boo while scarfing down day glow, food related substances. Extended periods wandering the woods of Vermont is actually one of the saner pursuits we can think of.
The rest of the Peak Ultra runners will start:
5/24: Start of Peak Races Pittsfield 500, 4 p.m.
5/30: Peak Races Ultra 200, 4 p.m.
6/1: Peak Races Ultra 30, 50 and 100.